Jewellery Making Workshops
Jewellery Making Workshops
Ring & Pendant Carving Workshops
Limited availability (maximum of 8-10 students in a class), so book soon. Tickets are sold per person.
Have you ever wanted to design and make your own jewellery?
Come and join me for a creative workshop, making and carving either your very own ring or pendant necklace at beautiful serene venues in Warwickshire.
When & Where:
ONLY 2 SPACES LEFT - Saturday 24th June - Ring Making Workshop with Prosecco and nibbles, 7pm-9.30pm. The Basement Snug, 13 High Street, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1LY
ONLY 4 SPACES LEFT - Saturday 29th July - Ring Making Workshop with Afternoon Tea Lunch , 11am-3pm. The Warwick Arms Hotel, 17 High Street, Warwick, CV34 4AT.
Saturday 2nd September - Pendant Making Workshop with Prosecco and nibbles, 7pm-9.30pm. The Basement Snug, 13 High Street, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1LY
Saturday 16th September - Pendant Making Workshop with Afternoon Tea Lunch, 11am-2.45pm. The Warwick Arms Hotel, 17 High Street, Warwick, CV34 4AT.
Saturday 21st October - Ring Making Workshop with Prosecco and nibbles, 7pm-9.30pm. The Basement Snug, 13 High Street, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1LY
*The traditional afternoon tea lunch will include a selection of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones and cake and will cater for any dietary requirements.
Make Your Own Unique Ring or Pendant Necklace
In this workshop you will learn how to carve your own ring or pendant in jewellers wax during a relaxed and fun session. Your wax jewellery will then be cast in to solid sterling silver after the workshop and posted back to you. This is a beginners level class, so you don’t need any previous experience. Everyone will be able to create a piece of jewellery unique to you.
What to Expect
The workshop focuses on the ancient jewellery making technique of wax carving which is a really relaxing and therapeutic way to make jewellery - great for your wellbeing. You'll learn about the lost wax casting process and you will be provided with the tools you need to carve, shape and texture your ring or pendant.
Not sure what design you could achieve? – no problem, after you have booked and paid for the class, I will email you over an inspiration moodboard and will bring more examples on the day of your class for you to look through and provide ideas. On the day you can also be given an extra piece of wax to practice with before committing to your final design.
(Your pendant can be any size you would like up to no larger than 30mm diameter and the maximum width of the ring you will be able to make will be 8mm.)
By the end of the 2.5 to 3 hour workshop, you will have created a wax master that I will send away to a specialist for casting a perfect replica of your design in to recycled sterling silver. I will then hand polish and finish your jewellery piece beautifully and post it back to you within 3-4 weeks.
If you prefer gold jewellery, you will also have the choice to have your jewellery plated over the silver with a thick layer of solid 18k gold for an extra charge of £22 (+ a gold plated chain charge if making a pendant) - payable on the day by either cash or card.
- 2.5 to 3 hours of carving
- Design ideas and tuition
- All tools, equipment and materials
- Either a glass of prosecco, a soft drink and nibbles or - a traditional Afternoon Tea lunch (depending on the location of the class you have chosen)
- Casting your jewellery piece in to sterling silver for you after the workshop
- Hand finishing and polishing of your ring or pendant (done by myself)
- An 18 or 20 inch sterling silver rolo chain, if making a pendant
- Your jewellery carefully wrapped and packaged in an organic cotton jewellery pouch
- Delivery of your jewellery piece back to you
Attendees will also receive a 15% off discount code for any Myleti Jewellery they wish to purchase either at or after the workshop.
What you need to bring:
You may like to bring an apron, as wax shavings can get a little messy.
Cancellation Policy: You can cancel and get a full refund up to 14 days before the workshop, or book in for the next available workshop.
Any further questions, feel free to contact me at; email@example.com
Fancy your own private party workshop?
A jewellery making workshop would be perfect for a birthday party or hen do, so if you can get together a minimum of 8 participants, I am more than happy to chat with you about having your own workshop party at a date and time that works for us all. Held at either your own venue within Warwickshire/Northamptonshire, (potential to discuss further afield, if a larger group booking), or at The Basement Snug in Kenilworth, or The Warwick Arms Hotel in Warwick. Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to book a workshop as a gift for someone, but not sure what date works best?
My workshop gift voucher is the perfect solution. click here for gift card.
Sustainably Handmade & Recycled
Sustainably Handmade & Recycled
Every piece of Myleti Jewellery is individually handmade in England using sustainable methods and recycled metals.
Your order will arrive gift wrapped. I only use 100% recycled and recyclable packaging. No plastics.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- Sterling Silver items are usually shipped 3-5 working days after purchase and gold vermeil items usually ship 5-10 working days after purchase. But please read each individual listing carefully as this may vary.
- If you have ordered 'made to order', such as personalised designs and all rings, they can be up to 10 working days dispatch time. Please carefully read each individual product description page for any dispatch details.
- I offer Free UK Royal Mail 'Signed For', 2nd class delivery on all orders (excluding the Channel Islands).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Dispatch times are still 3-5 or 5-10 working days (depending on the information in the listing) even if postage is upgraded.
Royal Mail 2nd class (recorded signed for, 2-3 working days) - free
R.M 1st class (recorded signed for, 1-2 working days) - £1.50
R.M Special delivery (guaranteed to arrive the follwing day before 1pm) - £5.00.
Please ensure to read my returns policy at the 'quick links' footer on the homepage.
We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused and in all of its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase. We do not accept any returns on earrings due to hygiene reasons - see below for further non returnable items.
Please read the REFUND POLICY information in the footer of this website on how to start processing a return.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
We do not accept returns on earrings due to hygiene reasons (unless there is a fault). We also do not accept returns on customised / made to order pieces including all rings.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
We want your Myleti jewellery pieces to last, so here are some top tips to maximise their longevity and keep them looking beautiful;
- Remove jewellery prior to exercising, washing your hands, bathing, showering, cleaning and going to bed.
- Apply beauty products, lotions and perfumes before wearing your jewellery.
- Polishing cloths can be used on sterling silver, gold vermeil and gold filled. Only polish lightly on any plated areas (gold vermeil) to ensure not to wear away the plating.
- Store in a cool dry place. I recommend that you store your pieces individually in the cotton pouches provided to you with every order, as silver in particular will begin to tarnish in sunlight and air.
At Myleti we craft our designs in sterling silver, gold vermeil and gold filled. They are very safe for anyone who is prone to jewellery allergies.
Here is an explanation to the qualities we offer:
- Sterling Silver - All of the silver we use is of a high quality and sourced only from verified British companies. We try to use as much 'Eco Silver' as possible, which is just as premium and is still classified as sterling.
- We do not use 'gold plate'. You will often see in high street brands the term 'gold plated' used a lot. This means that there will be a base metal used of either brass or copper, which has then been plated on the surface with a very thin layer of gold (under 0.25 microns). It is known as 'flash plating' and will wear very easily and quickly.
- Gold Vermeil - We use this finish a lot in our jewellery. It has a base of solid sterling silver, which has then been coated with a thick layer of 18k gold (2.5 microns for for all pendants and earrings etc. 3 microns for rings, to ensure the plating lasts). It is very safe for sensitive skin and ears.
- Gold Filled - This is actually more valuable than gold vermeil. It contains a very thick layer of 10k gold on the outside of a brass or copper core. The way the gold is bonded, makes it very durable and the next best thing to solid gold, but without the high price tag. It is also very safe for sensitive skin.
Cross Section Of The Gold Terminologies
I have just received my finished ring that I created at one of Sarah’s workshops in Kenilworth.
I love it, it is the exact opposite of what I planned to make. ie, big and chunky rather than slim and delicate but that is the beauty of these workshops. You can experiment in a relaxed environment and Sarah will help you.
I now need to book another workshop to make my original idea and am already looking forward to it.
A few of my close friends and I had the best time with Sarah at her workshop in the snug in Kenilworth. The set up was fabulous - comfortable, intimate setting, all the equipment you could possibly need and even nibbles and prosecco! Sarah is a wonderful, patient teacher. She explained each step to the group and then came round and gave us individual guidance. The wax is really forgiving and easy to work with, and I am so happy with my creation! It sits perfectly next to all my other Myleti rings! Thank you Sarah, I had such a wonderful time creating in such a relaxed environment with my mates!! This would make a brilliant birthday treat/hen do activity/just because!❤️💍xxx
Went to a lovely workshop with Sarah in Warwick. She's so talented and was able to give great, clear, instruction to us. Not only do you get the workshop but she then has the rings cast, cleaned up and polished. Really enjoyed the class and thoroughly great support from Sarah. Highly recommend the workshop. Thanks again.
I’ve always wanted to do a jewellery course so was very excited when Sarah posted about them. I learnt so much and had such a lovely evening, designing and making the ring. The evening was very relaxing and I can’t wait so do another one! X
I had so much fun creating and designing my very own ring 💍. A great evening meeting new people ☺️